Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, stroke, diabetes or kidney disease.
The good news is that these conditions can often be prevented - even if you have a history of them in your family. Have your free NHS Health Check and you will be better prepared for the future and be able to take steps to maintain or improve your health.
Who is eligible?
Both men and woman aged between 40 and 74 who have not been diagnosed with the conditions mentioned.
What happens at the check?
- The check will take around 20 minutes.
- You will be asked simple questions, for example about your families medical history.
- We will record your height, weight, age, sex and ethnicity.
- We will take your blood pressure.
- We will perform a simple blood test to check cholesterol etc, this will be a fasting blood test.
Please contact a member of our Reception Team on 0161 272 5660 and ask to book an appointment with our practice nurse for your free NHS Health Check now.